Friday, October 3, 2008

Papa Cris Update

"There never was a horse that couldn't be rode, and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed." That's an old Wild West idiom I grew up hearing on television Westerns of the 60s and 70. Turns out it is true.

At the tender age of 67 my father decided to become a bronk busting horse trainer. Last spring he tore up his groin muscles. This week he shattered his rib cage, broke his clavicle and has a tear in his liver. Every breath is a painful ordeal and he is on more drugs than Lindsey Lohan.

We hope they will release him from ICU tomorrow. Tonight I am trying to find rest in a straight back chair. But we did see the VP debates. I just couldn't tell you who won. Sarah was more prepared than I expected but every time Biden talked some woman would come in the room and start telling me how Palin was kicking his butt, he had stabbed Obama in the back, Obama was on the take... whatever.

So how was it? Who won?

2 comments:

mcarp said...

Biden.

Cris said...

CNN seemed to agree with you.