Friday, October 3, 2008

Outta ICU

So in the 9 hours that I was ejected from ICU the surgeons came in and inserted an epidural pain med pump in my Dad. The localized narcotic will manage the pain better so that he can move, take deep breaths and avoid pneumonia. The unfortunate side effect is the medicine causes uncontrollable itching.

Can you imagine being right handed and having the entire right half of your body broken and shattered and all you can think about is how bad you itch? We finally got moved out of ICU about 6:00 p.m. We thought we had a room all to ourselves, but while I was in a shower without towels, the room filled with some moto cross dude and his entourage, Yeah, dripping wet and naked and trapped in a shower I didn't belong in... AWKWARD!!

Oh yeah I wanted to post earlier but then I got to thinking about the huge pink hooter tag on the sidebar and decided it might not be cool in a crowded hospital. Not everybody understands efforts to help the pain and suffering of boobs.

No comments: