Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's Only A Test

How Old Is Your Brain?

Interesting . . . . . Procedure of Flash Fabrica Game: (Pull up the link below.)

1. Touch "Start"
2. Wait for "3, 2, 1"
3. Memorize (in a flash, because it ' s quick) the number ' s position on the screen, then click the circle from the smallest number to the biggest number.
4. At the end of the game, the computer will tell you how old your brain is.
Good Luck!

The only thing I didn't like is that it doesn't explain what the results mean. Does wisdom come with age, or is this a reflection of how adults process information slower as they age? What I can say is my mother took the test twice and she lost 20 years in "brain age."

CLICK HERE TO PLAY!!

4 comments:

Nina said...

The first time I played I got a 27 and was sure I could improve. I did, but not by much - got a 25.

I have a headache now.

Thanks.

Cris said...

I know exactly what you mean! OK The embarrassing part of the story... I go over to Mother Y2K's house and ask her how she did on the game. She admits she couldn't figure out how to play it... so I just know I am soooo going to kick this old lady's ass with my score.

OK long story short... I didn't.

Nina said...

I took it again and got a 20. I still think I can improve.

I'd better stop while I'm ahead...and maybe get a life.

Cris said...

know, I know! I took it a couple of more times and improved to a 28 then decided to quit before I started acting too immature.

Actually, all my classes in adult education say that the older one becomes the slower they process information... I suspect it is because we have a much greater bank of learned information so that it takes longer to readjust our larger universe of wisdom. Therefore, am guessing this test is showing how we, older adults, are adjusting our brains to perform at a much younger level than initially recorded. But that is learned behavior and not a true indicator on a process evaluation.

Well...that's what I told myself when my synaptic pathways were burnt out after finally scoring a 28.