Saturday, January 3, 2009

Miss Understood

OK OK OK So maybe it is time to clear the air over here about some nasty things that have been said regarding the 2008 Okie Blogger Awards. First of all, like any good candidate, you have my word I will never go negative on my opponents. I think it is cowardly and disgusting, and negative campaigning is completely against everything I represent.

Now I understand how some people might point to this blog and see a couple of attack ads directed towards Monty of The Daily Bitch, and then maybe there was another one aimed towards The Redneck Diva. All I can say is that I totally agree with you on the reprehensible nature of those ads. They were baseless and unfounded rumors and I have nothing but the utmost respect for my worthy competitors for this year's award.

Unfortunatly, when you become a big time popular public icon, you have certain groups that file for 501C3 tax free exemption and create a media blitz in your name for your benefit BUT WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL! No, I don't condone such tactics but I seem powerless to stop zealots with good intentions. It is just another one of the failings of the current system we have now, with Redneck Diva the current office holder. I have dispatched agents on my behalf to talk to these FOO Fighters, but they seem to be an independent group that is fixated on what they feel is best for Oklahoma.

I would also like to clear up a few other issues that have been attributed towards me. First, I never claimed Redneck Diva had sexual relations with midgets! What I said was I thought her husband was taller in person. Unfortunately, those words have been taken by my opponents and twisted to sound like an ugly hateful attack. My friends, that just never happened.

On the positive side, I must say the campaign fund raising efforts have been going pretty good. I had no idea the Whale Lobby was so interested in Oklahoma Bloggers, but hey, if there is ever anything I can do to help those beautiful creatures, I say, "Just gimme the chance!"

We also hit the expected support of big Oil. And I am expecting another big check from the Financial world at any time. I recently read in the Hightower Lowdown that the CEO of Citibank got a federal bailout that was 12 larger than the Auto industry received, and this $300 billion went to just one bank. Plus, while the Senators were huffy about the $75 per hour GM workers made, they never questioned the $108,000 per hour the Citibank CEO makes at $216 million a year. OH yeah, as G.W. Bush said 8 years ago... that's my base!

The end result of all this playing with numbers is, my friends, you can be assurred of an exciting campaign as we bring good old Oklahoma values back to the most humorous section of the Okie Blogger Awards.

No comments: